RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where do you like to fly?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 AM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you like to fly?

I have been in and out of RC a few times in the past.
I have belonged to clubs and flew at their fields. I have seen planes get away from people on the bench and many other close calls and injuries. I have also seen nice planes taken out of the air by people that don't know how to fly.
Now I really prefer to fly alone or with a friend or two that I know well. Maybe I am just getting to old and set in my ways for stupidity.
I don't like waiting to fly or having reckless fliers around me that I have to watch out for. And I have seen a couple of fields set up that should not even be where they are in my opinion and some that are set up in a manner that forces fliers to fly over people or cars in the area. To me that's just wrong and has too many liabilities.
I am fortunate enough to live in an area that had lots of open land and areas to fly at. I know that many don't have that situation.
I currently fly at a commercialconstruction site that is huge just on the outside of town.
Nice and flat with no buildings even close to it and with the economy the way it is the construction halted some time ago and the land is for sale. The area must be 5 football field square and even has a street on the one side that's paved and makes a pretty nice runway. But other than some light industrial buildings at some distance away there are no homes or anything else in the area.
I fly electric now and needless to say I don't leave any kind of a mess behind and nobody has ever told me I could not fly there.