RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where to live?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to live?

So, after having lived 20 years over-seas (Middle East) my wife and I are toying with the idea of a change and moving back to the States.

I left San Diego as a young single guy in '92 and would be returning as a husband and father with 2 kids. Having said that, there's a lot for me to think about. As much as I love SD, is it the right time for Cali? Are there better places to move to? Better for kids, better schooling, better home prices, better job opportunities for my wife, etc?

And is this really the time to move? Both my wife and I are gainfully employed here and thankfully are still able to save. Work for me is easy as I'd be working from a home studio and already have a decent stable of clients. I can do my job from anywhere with internet access and the right equipment.

I do realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but we both feel we've reached a plateau in our lives and need a change. I obviously will not be basing our decision purely on your responses, but I would really like to hear your thoughts and ideas on this.

*EDIT!*

Please keep opinions, ideas and suggestions to the rules. No politics, religion, etc in your posts. This thread was locked once already and I'd really like to keep it open for a bit.
I really enjoy hearing about where you live and your suggestions. I like to know about climate, landscape, lay of the land, schools, outdoor/indoor activities, etc.

Appreciate it.