RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
vmsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

I left around 6:30, I think. There were 7 or 8 airplanes left.

Each year is different. Fewer Piper Cubs, fewer unfinished kits, fewer big engines, fewer engines over-all, fewer tired and worn out trainers.

More "big" planes though. More electric planes and motors as well. And surprisingly, more old radios.

On the good side.. I didn't see as much line skipping. In years past, I'd see a guy go back into the back room, and bring a plane all the way up, past the on-deck table, and all the way to the stage. I don't recal that happening this year. I did see planes brought from the back room to the middle of the on-deck table. That's better, but still frustrating.

I'm thinking that maybe next year, they have a "buy it now" table. What is it? It's table where a member sits, with a list of items. Nothing sitting to look at. In the impound area, one or two tables are set aside for buy-it-now items. As a seller, when I check in, I can choose a selling price, and put it on the "Buy it Now" table. Then, anybody can buy it for that price at any time during the day. It never gets auctioned off. As a seller you take the risk of not selling it at all. As a buyer, I go up to the table, read the list of items and say "I want ____". They mark it sold. Then it becomes just like any item. I pay for it, I get it, I carry it out to my vehicle. I might put a $100.00 (or $50.00) limit on stuff. Ideally small stuff like small motors, radios, would be good candidates. These smaller items take just as long, if not longer to auction.