RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
vmsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

I remember the pieces of paper moving along...

That's a great idea.

For the very most part, I think the pace of the auction, and how things were moved along went much, much better than in years past.

I distinctly remember last year, one certain member, would go to the impound area, and bring a plane forward, it never touched the preview table, it never leaned against the back wall.. Nope.. all the way to the stage. I remember him doing that at least three times, maybe more. It was to the point where others in the audience noticed it as well. That was just simply wrong.

This year, I don't recall seeing anything that blantant happen. The worst that happened, that I remember was the front half of the preview table would be shifted forward, then somebody would bring a plane from impound and put it in the empty area in the middle. Thus, the items at the back half of the preview table waited a little longer. I only remember that happening two or three times. So that wasn't bad.. If that's the worst that happens, I can handle it.

I like Mike's idea of silent auction (SA). I could do that. My memory tells me that most of the minimum $20.00 items were old radios, box/bag of stuff, tools (scroll saws). If you put those on the SA table, that'd free up the auctioneers a bit. Make the SA end at 3:00. And away we go.