RCU Forums - View Single Post - Clod buster question ECS and Motors
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
weathervane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clod buster question ECS and Motors

Ok, great. that is what I needed to know. All I need to do is find the number of turns for a stock motor. Then I will know what to get for it.
Thank you for the help,
-Andrew

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: weathervane

I know this is an old tread. I do have a question though.

I want to up grade my Clod with a new ESC as well. Is there a good ESC that I can run both motores with? I am not looking to run two batteries. I'm not looking for a lot of speed or long run times. ( my son does not need all that yet) I just want to up grade from the old mech esc.

Can anyone recomend the right servo for the steering? I am guessing high tork. Metal gears? This is a very old and very stock Clod Buster.
Thanks for the help,
-Andrew
Sorry for answering this so late(this forum doesn't get much traffic).
You could...
a. Get a esc made for dual motor dual batteries. I know that at least HPI's GT esc(for the e-savage) and traxxas's evx2 esc can be run on a single pack if the battery plug that isn't used has the red and black wires connected.
b. Get a esc made for single motor and battery and wire it for dual motors. It has to be ale to handle the amp draw, though. The rule of thumb is if you are running 2 motors, divide the turn rating in half and that's what you need an esc rated for. Two 20t motors need an esc capable of running a 10t or lower turn motor.