RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW O.S. limited edition 62-V
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 AM
mike109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW O.S. limited edition 62-V

G'day

I have been interested in the 62 V engine for some time but have held off buying one.

My first four strokes were OS. First was a 26 then a 48 Surpass. They were good engines. But then I bought a Saito 45GK second hand and was really impressed with it. So for quite a while I mostly bought Saitos.

Then I bought an Alpha 81. It runs quite well but it is not noticeably better than my Saito 82 and it cost a lot more even with a huge discount. The lack of a breather worries me too. I have not run it for several months and hope things have not gunked up or rusted.

More recently I discovered Enya and Laser four strokes. I like the power of my Enya 53 and my Laser 70, 100 and 150 are amazing engines. I still use mostly Saitos though.

But I suspect I am going to buy a 62V eventually. I just want to see how they go compared to my three Saito 62s. I also have a plane set up for an ASP 61 (OS Clone). The ASP has leaky valves and I have not been able to get the valves to seal. I could buy a new head or even a new ASP from HK pretty cheaply but I think I will go for the 62V as it will fit straight in the model.

Thanks for the pictures.

Mike in Oz