RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regarding SP series engines, props and airspeed...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regarding SP series engines, props and airspeed...

Received the package today! After deburring the roots of the blades, I put them in the hub... that pitch square thingy in the middle is a PITA to get all 4 blades inserted into and then put in the hub all together! LOL! I'm concerned that the pitch square inside the hub may not stay aligned straight with the adjustment bolt access hole in the hub, when I 1st put the front part of the hub onto it I could only see half the adjustment bolt! Eeek! I had to take the front half back off and use a flat screwdriver tip to rotate the pitch adjustment mechanism just a bit to get the bolt to align with the access hole correctly.

But of much greater concern is that I cannot set the pitch of the blades... the pitch guage tool the hub came with is square, the blade roots are round! Square does not work with round! How do I set the pitch guage on the blade when it's totally different? [&:]

Help! I know how to set blade pitch, I fly heli's... but this tool makes no sense with the round root blades. It's like it was meant to slip over a square blade root.

- Michael