RCU Forums - View Single Post - The great engine debate.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: The great engine debate.

I havent much experience with any top-of-the-line engines in my cars, so I cant comment on them. I've ran RTR sport engines in my cars/trucks for a long time and havent had any real problems to speak of. I would like to get my hands on a more expensive engine so I can compare, but its not a lifetime goal to do this. Racing is on the other side of the globe from what I like to do, so I'm not super eager to drop $300 on a fancy engine just yet. Until one of my engines crap out, I'll keep running them. I've wanted a Picco for a long time but until I need an engine, thats a back-burner want.

Some high end manufacturers have had their issues. For the last 3-4 years I've read on several forums about the problems some guys have had with OS' nickel plating peeling off their liners. Yet numerous people put OS on this pedestal thats a mile high. OS' quality control is quite good, but not all the time. I know Picco has had problems with their carbs leaking.

Lets face it, there are a handful of engine manufacturers that take the time to build an engine right and you pay for that. But even they aren't perfect. As far as I'm concerned, Run what you like but don't knock something until you've tried it.