RCU Forums - View Single Post - The great engine debate.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The great engine debate.

olor=#FF0000]Here is where you are mistaken..I think many in this conversation may think they wouldn't notice a difference, but that is only because they lack the experience to really know any differently......I actually think a larger majority of nitro enthusiasts would know the difference, as there is a huge number of guys who do race, I think there is probably more racers then bashers..... I can't think the last time I ever heard of there ever being 500 bashers in one place...yet I know many races that hit those numbers, heck I even had 150 at my track in the middle of nowhere...... I know racers buy more fuel, more engines, more tires, and in general probably make up a larger portion of RC economy then the bashers do......Even locally here there are more racers then bashers.... Now of course there are the one time weekend warriors, guys who buy a T-Maxx and run it a few weekends here and there, but never really get into the hobby beyond buying a kit and few odd parts......There are probably thousands of T-Maxx's out there that have not seen more then a couple gallons of use, and have done nothing but sit in the shed since..... By contrast the racers are running their cars religiously 2-3 times per week, traveling all over attending race events.....Actually there many more racers then I would ever have realized...! Anyways in the end I believe the racers are not the minority that the few here seem to think...I actually think the guys here are the minority of the hobby, not the other way around...... The racing forums are many times more active then the bashing forums if that means anything... I know I sell 10 to 1 fuel and engines to racers as opposed to bashers....and I know most manufacturers put all their resources into developing race machines and products, not bash machines and products, if the bash market was soo lucrative they would be concentrating more on that............. [/color]

Anyways in the end the layer cake of RC is very much similar to the Layer cake of todays popular racing games on the X-Box and the Playstations ..... some people are happy to play around causally on level one....Others want the thrill of the full out race cars...The driving experience between a entry level nitro and a full on racer is pretty much identical to the difference between driving a level one car and driving a full on level 10 race car in the games, the principles are the same.......I myself would think a person would have to be pretty numb to not notice the difference., as it is quite apparent once you drive them... !