RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 AM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions

ORIGINAL: jwjohnson

ORIGINAL: patrnflyr

JWJohnson, I noticed you used the Eflite 110. I was wanting to fly with a 90 and 8S. Do you think this is possible? I'm not looking for rocket speed, just scale. Thanks, John
Patrnflyr,
It should fly well and fast on Power 90 and 8 cells. When Horizon started selling this plane they listed the Power 60 on 6 cells as the recommended power plant and the 90 on 8 as the upgrade. There are a few of us who pushed it further. They do now list the Power 110 as an option, but still have the 60 as the standard. As deuce77 said, the extra power comes with a weight penalty. I don't know how much most of the planes are turning out weighing, but mine with the Power 110 and 10 cell 4000 mAh packs weighs 12 pounds. The standard weight Horizon has on their web page is 9.3 pounds. Please build your plane with the CG at that now recommended by Horizon on their web page - 70mm back from the wing leading edge measured at the fuselage. The CG in the manual is incorrect. Quite a few planes were lost because of that. Even with a correct CG this plane flies like a warbird, not a trainer. If you get too slow it wants to fall out of the sky. As bob418 said above, "Lack of speed kills"! If you want to fly scale speeds I would either the power 60 would be fine, but your Power 90 setup should provide plenty of speed if you want to step it up some.
Good Luck with your bird.
Jeff
Well Put Jeff, my bird is about 10lbs, 12 oz with 2 4000 4S lipos in her! and Ifly a 15x10 prop with NO issue!