RCU Forums - View Single Post - The great engine debate.
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The great engine debate.

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Id be pretty surprised if there are more racers than bashers. Just because bashers dont all get together at one place like racers do doesent mean there arent a bunch of different groups of bashers out running the heck out of their r/c's at any given time. I dont run across nearly as many racing video's on youtube as I do bashing video's. And i dont meet nearly as many people into racing as i do bashing either.

Id probably have been into some entry level racing long ago, except the closest decent track is probably 2 hours away, and im not driving that far. Plus im not so sure the thrill of rc racing is worth the money a lot of guys put into it. I guess my point is that even though I enjoy r/c a lot, it has never given me that buttefly in the stomach, shaky hands feeling that racing a real vehicle has...

There is a pile of racers out there dude.... I think more then bashers..... there are thousands of RC race videos online, each event showing dozens or hundreds in attendance....... When I go bashing here i rarely run across another nitro enthusiast..... for most racing is just an excuse to hang out with like minded people who enjoy the hobby..... many of the guys are there just to hang with others who do the same thing....On the East coast some weekend club races draw 300 racers......Even here in the middle of Canada we drew in 150 racers at our track

here is a little pic from our track