RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 12X/Weatronic users!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 AM
frankie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default JR 12X/Weatronic users!

Hello guys,

It's been a while since I last posted, I hope you are all well. There is a small band of Weatronic users down under and I can honestly admit that I have had no problems to date, with the system performing flawlessly with no failsafes after many flights.

However this weekend past I experienced an interesting occurance and would be very interested to hear from those who may have had a similar event.

All JR12X users would be aware that once the unit is switched on the radio is not yet transmitting, and the user must select the "RF on" option for the unit to beging transmitting. For whatever reason my JR12X with a Weatronic module adaptor connected to the external 12 channel 2.4FHSS module via the patch cable would not allow the radio to transmit. That is, upon selecting the "RF on" option the lights on the Weatronic module would briefly light up and the unit would not power up. I checked all connections and everything appeared to be in perfect condition.

No matter how many times I tried the only outcome was a momentary blink form the module lights (leds) with the JR12X returning to the screen which gave me the option of 'RF on" or "Rf off".

The module has the same firmware version as all my receivers, and upon removing the micro SD card this fact was verified. I was unable to get the system to work.

I then removed my Weatronic module adaptor from the rear of the transmitter and replaced it with the original JR 2.4Ghz module which worked immediately. I removed the JR module, installed my Weatronic adaptor, hooked up my Weatronic module but still the system was non-fuctional.

I gave up and walked away. When I turn the JR12X on again around an hour later the system worked as normal.

I flew a "moderately" priced aircraft later that day with no problems, checking the log files after each flight.

I then flew a turbine equipped model with similar results. Everything worked flawlessly.

I must stress that I take every good care of my equipment and all gear, cables, etc appears to be in top working order.

I hope that there is a perfectly plausible explanation for all of the above. If there is anybody out there who has had a similar experience or can diagnose the problem I would love to hear form you.

Best regards, Frank