RCU Forums - View Single Post - Motor or ESC problem?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor or ESC problem?

By "set up" do you mean the motor/esc combo or the packs? And you say you programmed it to 8S, yet you running your packs in series to get 10S?

Well that could be a problem in itself, for one if you did get it to work, your cut off voltage would be way way too low.
Also I've found some esc's don't like to be told one voltage and see another when plugged in, can screw with the auto/factory settings.

I looked at the motor specs, it's designed for 8S but you may be able to get by running on 10S, though prop may still be a little too large.
If it's maxed at 65 amps on 8S at 1924 watts, on 10S, even if your smaller prop is drawing the same amps, you are pulling 2400+ watts.

Try a smaller prop first, and see if you can get it to run up. Just for a few seconds, enough to get an amp/ volts reading.

Multiply the volts read times the amps read to see what you have.

Go back and set the esc up properly with the correct timing for the number of poles you have, ditto the PWM, CUT OFF VOLTAGE, and such. Dump ANY auto setting and manually set it.

Re-run it again, same smaller prop,(if it was in the proper watt range) and see what your changes did.
Now you'll know if you can up the prop/downsize/ or stick with what's on it.