RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc at 6V?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: DLE 20cc at 6V?

Jim, just before I discovered I could get an Rcexl switch for the same price, I bought what I thought was a very good deal on a switch from HK for 10.00. Turned out it's not worth half that, but I knew it was a gamble when I ordered it. There were female plugs where there should have been male, male where there should have been female, and then the 6v requirement thing. It will not run on 4.8v. .... POS .... but I did get it working just out of sheer determination! I have 20-30 flights on it! Not a good plan though. Most would have pitched it right from the get go..... I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

Forgot: If you can solder, and don't have the patience to wait for one to be ordered/sent to you, a diode (1N4007) can be purchased at Radio Shack on the cheap. I think they were in a pack of 6 or so, and less than 5.00. They'll drop the voltage by .7 volts for every one you install. So 1.4v drop if you install 2 in series (one in line with the next). One will do the job on 5 cell NiMh, but you can go to 2 for 2c A123 safely.