RCU Forums - View Single Post - Precision Aerobatics Quantum 45 ESC problem.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Quantum 45 ESC problem.

Yes PA had replaced my ESC long ago, but the whole ordeal took many months and it really made me doubt PA's customer support. They made me jump through hoops to get the ESC replaced, having me do numerous tests, take videos of the problem, etc. Needless to say they should have just had me send it in for testing, but I guess Horizon has spoiled me in that department.

I understand that 99% of the problems these manufacturers encounter are due to user error, but this was one case where the ESC simply inexplicably became defective in between one weekend of flying and the next. The guy on the phone told me that I should not run a 14x7 with the setup, despite the fact that their website still lists that prop as one of the recommended.

I would still buy PA stuff again, but considering it is in the upper echelon price-wise I feel like I could have been treated better. This is what mine was doing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax56JYz-f6Y&list=UUza8OFpYT5BOjM64MTI0LSQ&index=39&feature=plcp[/youtube]