RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Quest 50 ARF----????
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM
camgab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Quest 50 ARF????

ORIGINAL: rudder turns

I just completed my Quest50,I'm using a ttpro 46,love them, tower muffler,dubro 1/2'' muffler ext.I did not put the servos back on the fuse,I put the servos under the wing.Using the 46,I thaught I would have to add alot of nose waight,(a mortal sin to me)I used 3 Great planes solid push rods,2 on the elevator,joined by the servo,1 for the rudder.I don't like joining the split elevators with the metal joiner,they always get loose.I rotated the engine (appox.55 degrees)so the muffler comes out on the bottom,had to split the cowl lenght wise behind the head to get it on,It's hard to see the split.worked out great.Useing the MAC,and 33% back,for a safe maiden flight.The CG on the plans looked wrong to me also.My CG at the root is 125 mm.I think It Should be Ok.Plane is nice looking but I had alot of wrinkled on the fuse.I found very low heat,I have a top flight iron use#1to1 1/4,the highest.some times a pin and rub it while still hot.Thanks ed

Hi Rudder turns

I recently bought a Quest 50 - I´d like to know the final weight of your model? Please

Thank you in advance

Gabriel