RCU Forums - View Single Post - Over Priced Foam Arfs
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 AM
jimjeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Over Priced Foam Arfs

ORIGINAL: topspin

ORIGINAL: jimjeep

You mean to say we are overpaying for our hobby-grade quality made products when we could just buy something for much less at the Walmart??? I thought getting a quality product that has replacable or upgradable parts, a warranty, and decent customer service was why we were paying more rather than getting a super cheap POS toy that might not even fly straight or be rendered useless within a week with no recourse but to realize we wasted our money. We are a country built on capitalism and if someone could do it and there were money to be made they would. Unfortunately even if we wanted to produce a comparable product here due to the way our government handles regulating the import industry we could never hope to compete with China. Comparing something from Walmart to a real hobby product is like comparing a KIA to a Porsche. Yeah, there's a big difference in price and although they are both cars with four wheels, there might just be a big difference in the quality and function of the product. Quality always comes with a cost. When you pay a cheap price you will always get a cheap product, but that may be all one needs to see if they want to continue on and purchase something better the next time around. Hopefully you have fun rather than frustration with it. Its your dollar to spend however you choose. have no regrets about your decision and enjoy!
I think you seriously misunderstood my post. I buy the cheap foam gliders (Air Hogs) for the purpose of bashing them, adding full RC control and propulsion. I alsready have expensive models but a little creative building is good for the soul. I did point out that the quality is different and it is. It is different for a reason and the reason is that if foam ARFs were that crappy no one would buy them.
I wasn't referring to your post, but to the original post in this thread. I have seen really cheap no-name imported foam RTFs that retail for like $20-30 that look like a quick 3 second crash if it takes off at all. Something I would never buy and could not sell to anyone with a clean concience. That one you made there looks very cool. Nice way to make a quick and cheap basher! How is it up in the air?