RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe

Some updates from Gerry.

At long last, the Zero stabilizer is complete. Problem is....... After much deliberation, it isn't Rufe "applicable! Seems that the
trailing edge of the Rufe elevators ends where the rudder hinge line begins. ( And guess where THIS Zero elevator ends?!! )
Since the Rufe rudder post extends all the way down to the bottom of the fuselage, whereas the Zero rudder ends above the elevator, looks like I'll have to trim 1/4" off the inboard end of the elevators AND extend the stab forward in its fuse saddle by another 1/4". Once I correct for this discrepancy, then its off to the fin/rudder construction and with the "scale" fudging I intend to do to increase the area, I'll be looking at more problematic outcomes while framing everything up. At this point, I'll be moving forward to straight "by the book" construction on the fuselage so it will at least (by my reckoning) look like I've accomplished something rather than build myself into another corner! Feeling really frustrated at the moment. G.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29859.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1746956