RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?

I think that this Magnum 52 is going to be a good match for the plane. The plane is not that large, and I think I'll be putting on a 12x6 wood prop. I might use a Master Airscrew composite prop just for some 'scale effect'. But I think that the 52 is going to be just right for this bird.

I'm finding some shortcomings though. There was one spot in the instructions where you're joining the wings. THe instructions tell you to glue up the surfaces, press them together, apply the trim film, then use tape to hold the wings together while the glue dries. Obviously, you do NOT want to apply the Trim film at this point. The instruction is actually re-written a second time, after the wing has dried and the tape has been removed, right where the instruction should be. The first reference to the trim application should be ignored.

The elevator uses two pushrods and two servos - not a single pushrod. There are two problems with this. The ideal situation would be to join the elevators with a joiner wire and a single pushrod. Unfortunately, the two elevator pushrods are both 'sticky' in their sheathes. I'm not sure if it's because they're too large a diameter (.078 - a common size) or if the pushrod tube is too small a diameter. I think I will have to stick with using two elevator servos, each driving its own pushrod, and some .062 pushrod wires that will move more freely in the sheathes. Poor engineering, to my mind.

Does anyone have any other comments?

Bob