RCU Forums - View Single Post - what caused the turbine jet crash??!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: what caused the turbine jet crash??!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Jack Diaz

Lenhard: I think you gave us the answer !!!!!
A 2000mA NiMH won't be enough juice for four flights.
On the conservative side, consider that you use 500mA per flight, and should never go beyond 50% of the battery capacity. You have two safe flights with that battery.

Besides, charging NiMH is VERY tricky. Most chargers think that they are full when they are not.

Use Li-Po's or 123 or Li-Ion, with a good charger. And redundancy is of utmost importance.

Jack
I tend to agree with Jack on this point. NiMh will false peak most of the time on the smart chargers. You have to restart the charger several times to get it to take a full charge. I'm sure you can adjust the M/volt peak detection value in the charger to help with this, but the advise Jack gives it very sound.. Get away from NiMh !!!! The other part I think need clarification is what Radio system you are useing. ( I'm not going there at all !!! ) However, if the Y-Harnesses you speak of are the JR Amplified Y's , flying 2.4mhz, there in lies you problem... I got away with that ONE flight in Mississippi 2 years ago when I switched from 72mhz to 2.4, and did not change the Y's and it showed it self on start up and pre taxi on second flight attempt and I caught it. It would have cost me the airplane. It also had servo jitter and strange deflections on flaps and ailerons.. I also had Matchbox's in the mix. Amplified Y's and 2.4 do NOT mix. !!!!

Danno