RCU Forums - View Single Post - Katana 50 by Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Katana 50 by Hangar 9

Update!!!!

I put the new Tru turn spinner on and was able to get rid of the 2oz I had on the side of the firewall. The new spinner and nut weighed 1oz more then the plastic set up, so i lost 1oz overall. My CG is at 4 3/4" just as it was on it's maiden, I will play with it a bit over the summer and move it back some like Dave had suggested.. I was able to mount the battery on the side of the motor box (in side), opposite of the head of the motor to get her to balance right on the money laterally... I also took advantage of the crappy weather and did some maintenance on the Saito, added a velocity stack and changed the "O" ring in the carb that seats the intake manifold and tweaked the low end.. Got her purring like a kitten, spinning a 13x4W at 10,500 backed it off to 10,000 and idle was at 1,950. I let her idle for a solid 10 minutes and the transition was perfect, no hesitation and a little smoke trail...
Well all that is left to do now is enjoy it soon as we get some better weather. I promised a vid and will get one soon as I can...

Jimbo