RCU Forums - View Single Post - The real reason for the FAA hassle
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The real reason for the FAA hassle

ORIGINAL: Desertlakesflying

No surprise since DHS is taking steps that are quite spooky.

Why would the Department of HOMEland Security need these vehicles along with hundreds of thousands of rounds of 40 S&W ammunition? (US Government issue is in 40 S&W), or have TSA riding buses and inspecting peoples bags at random.

The drones are probably for the same reason as these..........http://yedies.blogspot.com/2012/04/h...-move.html?m=1
Some of my customers include Homeland and the DoD. Having Secret clearance of the DoD I can tell you this: You will never know unless you have a) security clearance and b) Need to know. (Yes, you need both) A lot was done after 9/11 you will never know and (hopefully) never find out. And I say this because it would mean that things never got that bad:-)

Thousand of people go to work every day with the sole purpose to keep people in this country safe. Safe from enemies within (and they are here) and also from enemies abroad.

Can we live w/o regulations? Of course not. W/o regulations we would be using asbestos, painting with led, the dentist would stick his hand w/o gloves in your mouth, scaffolding would collapse, and by now in many cities you could not breath... As long as humans run companies, yes, we need regulations. We are greedy, and we cannot help ourselves.

We currently are in this "mess" as somebody called it because of the drones. They were used very successfully by the military, and they have one problem. They need airspace to fly in, and that is regulated. So, technology is forcing the regulators to do something about this new "toy" (tool would be a better name) so they can share the airspace. This "tools" did drag us into this mess.

This is a billion dollar bonanza for many but there are many issues that are new (as this technology is) and they will have to figure out how to keep the devices from crashing into buildings, into other unmanned devices or aircraft, and falling onto property and people. This is a brand new ballgame... The technology is here, you have manufacturers ready, applications ready and new ones being developed every minute, but they still have no airspace available to fly in.

So the first thing the FAA did is pretty much, get us out of the way. Not much has changed for us, that I know so far. I do not envy those that will have to regulate this new technology...