RCU Forums - View Single Post - well yall got me interested.
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
ezflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default well yall got me interested.

hi all. i a have been into rc for quite some time. so a little about my self before i start with all the newbie to tank questions. my main intrest in the hobby has always been aircraft. i have dabbled with cars and trucks. i got bored real easy because i didnt race and realy was not into bashing cars. so my next source of intertainment was boats. i have built plugs and made my own hulls with weedwaker engines. i left that hobby as i got tired of swimming to retrive my creations. i am a welder by trade and also do machinist work on the side as i have myy own lathe and mill and drill press etc. it seems that i always end up back to flying aircraft. i have a shop that is totaly dedicated to rc, no matter what it may be. my son likes the electric cars and i like nitro. he dont show much intrest in planes, and likes boats cause he likes to swim. i have been very fortunate in my rc hobby. i have access to a 5 acre pond for boats and i have my own personal air strip 1200 feet long in the middle of 12 acres where i live. it is in the middle of hay fields. so i have read a few post on the home page concerning tanks. i love to build things, rather it be from a kit or from scratch. so i mention to my 10 year old son about tanks and show him some pics. he fell in love and wants to do a father son build. i am rather excited and have a bunch of questions.

1 where do i get kits and parts

2 can someone give me some avarage measuments for 1/25 or 1/32 and 1/16. whats the overall demintons

3 where do i get started.

4 what radio/electronics do i look for. i actualy may have most of what i need.

5 what is some good brand names.

6 is there anyone close to lake charles. louisiana.

7 dont laugh at my spelling or punctuation. heheheh

any help would be very apreciate. i dont knw any thing about tanks other than i think it would so cool to do a father son build on a very cool tank that can shoot things. i am probly leaving out some inportant info, so please be patient. as for as money goes, i dont like buying cheap junk, even tho i am always looking for a good deal. i would rather spend a decent price for a decent product, but by all means dont want to overpay for a product that is junk. so i am looking for the experience of some of the veterans of the tank building hobby. thanks in advance and i will be waitn on all the replys. guys lets keep it positive. at least for my son who will be reading all the replys with me.