RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's been a long, fun adventure...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's been a long, fun adventure...

We'll be riding from Bakersfield to Bellingham, Washington, then onto a ferry for a 4.5 day cruise to Whittier, Alaska. Depending on the weather, we will either ride down to Seward and back up to Anchorage, or skip Seward and go straight to Anchorage. Then two nights at Denali, with a ATV tour during the day, and up to Fairbanks to hit the AlCan Highway. We'll ride down through Jasper and the Icefield Highway, and back stateside at Bonner's Ferry. The rest is still TBD.

My wife made it clear when she suggested Harleys that she meant TWO. She rides a 2010 Street Glide these days, and I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. We added the CB radio package to hers, so now we can communicate well at all times. We're both HS teachers these days (neither were when we got married) so mid-July to mid-August is our travel time. We get in lots of 350-mile day rides on weekends - we'll pull out around 10AM and ride to the coast for lunch, then ride down the coast and come back by a different route.

My wife has never pressured me to give up R/C. She tried to enjoy it, but she enjoyed watching me and the boys fly more than she enjoyed flying. She sews (especially quilts) a lot, so she was understanding about my hobby - but there are only so many hours in a day, week, year...

My other hobbies/interests include welding, gunsmithing, machining - pretty much anything related to practical metalwork. Not that I won't do home improvements....