RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with My First Purchase
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Help with My First Purchase

The 8FG seems to be a current favorite.
That aside, there are bound to be different technical rules for RC transmitters in Korea. You need to find out what they are, and how that may change
your druthers.

Just about any of the better known 8Ch transmitters can be a good choice.
The current versions of the 8FG are even expandable.
Remember that transmitters have output channels and various types of input "channels" (or input controls, such as joysticks, pots, switches)
Next there are different ways to tie the input controls to the output channels, loosely referred to as mixing.
The differences in this area from one transmitter to another can easily make a big difference to you.
Ease of "programming" is just one of the major considerations. Poor or incomplete documentation is another.

At some point in the future (near if I'm guessing correctly) The major mfrs will start offering P/C based programs that
will make programming an R/C transmitter easier, in terms of utilizing "advanced capabilities" that are present, but hard to
access and use from the current front panel programming schemes. Undoubtedly, this will start with the high end units, and then migrate to the
lower cost higher volume units, such as the 8FG, or perhaps the Spectrum DX8.
Just about any transmitter that stores setups on a removable memory card will be a candidate.