RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet LT-40 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kadet LT-40 Build

you'll do fine on this build....

Only thing that I would use a little more caution with is being careful with you T-pin incertions through the sticks. Be careful how close to the ends you get. On soft balsa its okay, but the first time you try to push one through a peice of hard balsa you'll risk the chance of spliting the end. My practice with building has been pin the front and aft leading edges of the structure to the building board. Then using the thin CA glue and hold the pieces of wood together and let the thin CA wick into the joint. When it is set (usually within 10 to 30 seconds) release my hold and move on to the next piece. When all fished putting the pieces together, I'll carefully remove the finished structure from the building board and follow up with medium CAto strengthen the joints and allow it to fill what ever gaps are there. If they are a bit larger then expected, place some balsa sawdust (left over from sanding another part) into the gap and CA it in place.

This practice has work for nearly a dozen airframes that I've build and never had a failure from a glue joint.