RCU Forums - View Single Post - gas fuel with glo plug no ignition
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
ckostac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas fuel with glo plug no ignition

yep,  OS F plug, fuel is 20% nitro/16% oil castor and synthetic blend. Here is the site for it : http://www.morganfuel.com/sidewinder_byb_detail
It  is cut 1 to 1 with straight methanol, then mixed with 2 parts premium gas.  Before the acetone these were my ratio's:

Nitro -4.33%        Oil-2.66%        Methanol - 27.33%        Gas - 66.66% 

Good in theory, but wouldn't mix.   I could add Klotz until it mixed, but the oil was WAY too high by then.  It would run, but not that well, and of course made a mess with all the extra oil.  Now that I have added the Acetone to the mix, I slightly lowered the gas content to keep the rest of the numbers in check.  This put's my current oil ratio at  about 36:1.  Slightly leaner than those using the 10%/10% mix, but that should be fine.  Glad it seems to be working out.  Many thanks to everyone who has developed this method.  I love the hobby and plan to be around a while.  Hopefully I'll be able contribute and to pass on some of the things I've learned to others.   This is only my second plane, but I do love tinkering with these little two strokes.  Not just planes, but boats too.  I also have some machining ability, but my access to a lathe and mill are somewhat limited.  I am the guy who would much rather build my own prop adapters, engine mounts, etc.,etc than buy one.   Anyway, thanks again, I'll post a couple pics when I get her all together.  Chris