RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which brand of prop is loudest?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 06:34 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's A Few Ideas

I thought I would go ahead and answer the question. The tip speed chart here > http://www.mini-iac.com/pages/SoundT..._propnoise.asp at the bottom of the page will help you in determining the best speed to make as much noise as possible. Don't pay any attention to the the factual data above as the people who wrote that are only gifted engineers, full scale captains, Dolby Labs techs etc. You wouldn't want to read any of that...kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? Try to go for maximum tip speed. Hopefully you will be able to get to at least mach .9 or above. Don't settle for less now, the point is to make as much noise as possible right? Don't worry about the excess heat coming from the engine, or sagging, or the wear on the rings, that all equalizes out as the engine spins up to full song. Hopefully you can get it to around 10-11,000 rpms. You want that thing screaming like a rebel yell thar cowboy! Yesim! You can also add about 10% nitro (or some of that 'shine') to the gas to squeeze out 500 or so more rpms. Run a prop that is very low performing which is the lightest load you can put on it. Don't want that performance stuff costing us the ultimate noise level. The plane won't get out of it's own way, but that's not the point is it??? The point is to make as much noise as possible and by god we're gonna do it no matter what any of those 'whiners' say...they don't know nuthin'! If you're really gonna let 'er rip you gotta take that performance deficit ya know! Ain't it cool?!? Just gotta love that noise!!! WoooooHOOOOOOOOOO Now for added effect use straight out manifolds with flared ends on them...make sure they extend out long enough to go outside the cowl! We wouldn't want to muffle that thing down now would we? We want that plane to be heard as many miles away as we can possibly reach! We want the whole damned world to know we're up thar! After all, we own the sky anyway! Finally be sure to always stand behind that prop when doing runups...it could explode, but that's the chance you gotta take to make that killer noise! Yeah BABY! Noise at all cost...ain't nuthin like it thar Vern. That's really why we be havin' them db meters...so we can prove to everyone how loud we really are! I'm gonna try to add many more tricks for making as much excruciating noise as possible soon, because we wanna see how much noise can be made and we should set milestones and top them as quickly as possible. My hope is that with the originator of the topic, we can really see how painful we can make it. It's just so cool being annoying...I don't know what came over me before. With any luck we may even hear about the trips to the hospital from real ear drum damage! Wouldn't that be just awesome? That would prove how cool this noise really is. Nothing like real blood coming out somebody's ears to prove who is the King of loudness! Man o man, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. What was I thinking? We really got to get that noise level up to the level of those 340 hp Continentals. Later we could even try to top one of those agcats on a flat prop during takeoff! I think if we're real lucky we will surpass that milestone quickly. 'Yall join in now! Don't be shy. You know you want to be annoying too! So go ahead and let's get the gray matter working on this problem. We just haven't been making enough noise lately. THAT is the real problem. Let's make these planes as loud as they ever have been! LOL