RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico Starter
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico Starter

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

Ratshooter Like GB if your starter is genuinely weak then its likely The starter or excessively long and small cables they come with. Another possibility is the clamps themselves on an a corroded auto battery terminal, for that to work the teeth in the clamps really have to be buried in the lead just like jumper cables.

As far as using eighteen volt drill batteries and even more voltage, absolutely they work and work well when compared to the typical 7 to 9 AH gel cell that is sold to newbies for flight boxs and using a power panel with an excessively long cable. That 'standard' set up that is pedaled to all the newbies is very weak and not good for much more than say a 55.

It is all about expectations. What I am taking about is Power and the ability to turn over bigger engines

What I am not talking about is the abilty to go days without charging. You still have to charge the battery every day you go out just like you do the typical flight box gel cell.

The Harbour freight battery is still serving me well on seven of my starters and almost every one in our club.

I would never go back into the ice age using 12 volts ever, All ya really gotta do is charge 'em.

John
John,,

you have a serious starter fetish. You really need some help!!!!!! In all my years, I have never owned that many starters, much less at one time.

But what you is true.

Frank
AMA 5810