RCU Forums - View Single Post - CRRC pro GP50R Porting. (What the??)
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Ozpulse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRRC pro GP50R Porting. (What the??)

I did not intend to bag their product but was more hoping someone would have posted up that he got a dud engine and that this is not normally the case.
As I said, I usually play with converting weedies for myself and a couple of friends. I am not a flyer (more boats/Airboats)so have not had much experiance with these purpose built engines but I would never pay good money to end up with something like this one.
I have pretty much smoothed out all the ports now and polished the exhaust port already but still have to start on one of the transfer ports so will try to get a good enough pic to post up if you guys would like.
I will be skimming the main case to relieve the bearing areas by a thou. or two, so that will fix the binding problem. Im also thinking of getting a seal with a larger ID so I can spin up a sleeve to go between the two bearings to stop loading them up when the prop adapter is torqued up as they are only standard bearings and not designed for side load as proper 'thrust' bearings are .
I actually have 12 years experience as an Overhaul Tech. working with full scale Aircraft so I have access to all the tooling needed, so its really just time to get it all done and put together right and he should have a good engine will last.
It will probably perform a lot better (rpm etc.) by just fixing the binding bearing problem without all the port work so it will be interesting to see once its all back together how it performs compared to other peoples stock versions.