RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine died
Thread: Engine died
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine died

ORIGINAL: c-traxx

I forgot to update you :] so i bought nearly brand new nosram .30 (also known as Lrp Z.30r spec 2) with hong nor pipe also nearly new for 90 quid of ebay, Engine was like new and its running very good, this is a 5.1 port version and i cant imagine bigger engine in any truggy it has sooooo much power. I have seen other engines like sh and go engines and to be honest i will stay with either Lrp or Nosram engines. I know there are better engines lik os or others even more expensive but if you want your truggy just for bashing, its amazing performace and affordable.
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

does the engine still run? you may be able to sand down the button nice and smooth and then replace the piston head (scratches and chips expand and can crack under heat) how does the sleeve look? if you don't see or feel any scratches you may be ok. is the case ok? any chips is bad because the engine will not be able to lube as well, the con-rod is also kind of chewed...

im not sure, you might be better off buying a new engine, but i would be lying if i told you i never ran an engine like that I got a used car with an engine like that and ran it till it would run no more
cool, I have a nova-rossi .21 engine in my Jammin CRT X1, its fine, but its pretty anorexic, it has oomph, but just enough for it to work, If I could I would install a Jammin JPX .28 and just blow pretty much anything away.

good find and I'm glad your back on "the road" again.