RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Rain, rain and more rain, climate change they tell me but records show this happens every 40 years or so starting with floods in Brisbane.  Rebuilt one 65 and am running another in an ARF Bomber up on the table land at Mareeba.  That club has a great field but the height plays havoc with the competition settings o0n the 65 so I am running it as a sort of Texaco / Duration mongrel while getting some much needed practise in.
New 65 to go into either a Flamingo (Jasco version) or a Davies Flybaby, the other one will get the as unrun 62.  The original Gold Knight 56 (one of 2 I got from Hong Kong and as yet un run will be going into a Sig Senorita (Big one) as a first run proof of concept test a/c.  It will have removable firewalls (just like the old ignition engine models of the late 30's) and be used as a trainer and test bed for new / rebuilt engines.  Going to be interesting to see how a 3 channel nominal 40 sized model goes with a "full house wing, (another mod) and a FG 36.  But before that a clean up of the shed is called for with attack dogs in place as I unearth all those unused engines an unbuilt models
Question for the multitude, how many of you have heard of one Gordon Burford and how many of you know what a GB 1 is.  I found one (replica) in one of the draws un run and serialed under 100 (first production run of the replicas Gordon built with Dave Owen
I am looking for open rocker Saitos if any one knows of and wants to sell at reasonable prices let me know.  They will be going into working O/T models
News flash blue sky has appeared, fingers crossed for the w/end