View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 AM
pfact
My Feedback: (92)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Skygate/CARF Viperjet

Peter

I am going to push ahead as I don't expect there will be a manual

Skygate provided a CD with photos of their prototype but not a manual so I don't expect CARF to provide one either. I have been able to get ahold of an original Skygate CD but it is not much help. What is particularly unusual is that CARF didn't include their usual warranty/liability disclaimer - I am pleased that they are accepting responsibility for anything that happens with the jet if it is the result of a build problem.

I have been able to figure out what some of the parts are - the router cut plywood parts are for the fuel tank and the 2 plywood pieces are for the cockpit seats. I figured this out from some recently posted photos on the CARF website which also give some indication of what some of the other plywood pieces are for. I still haven't figured out what the Airex foam is for, or where the carbon ply pieces go, or exactly where the carbon rings go but I am sure I will figure it out as the build progresses.

I am going to use aluminum servo mounts for the aileron servos, if they don't fit I'll glue mounting blocks to the cover plate as is done in other CARF planes.

I am trying to decide if I should install the inner doors for the mains like the Skymaster Viper. The oversized cover plate provided with the kit will permit this.

Phil