RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skygate/CARF Viperjet
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Asif
My Feedback: (30)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Skygate/CARF Viperjet

ORIGINAL: pfact

I have finished my elevator servo installation and thought I should post some photos.

I used JR 8411's - the thickness of the horizontal stab is a little too small to fit 8711's or 8611a's without deforming the skin of the horizontal stab. I am hoping that 155oz of torque will be enough, this is where a manual or someone at CARF to talk with would be great to see if this is enough torque. Getting the 8411's to sit flush with the mounting plate required cleaning out excess epoxy from the joint between the servo mounting plate and the underside of the skin. I used a small router bit in a Dremel flex shaft to carefully remove the excess epoxy while carefully avoiding the foam core on the undersurface of the skin. Finding a path for the servo wire required a bit of thought - I couldn't see away to get it around either of the tube sockets so I routed a thin slot into the mounting plate (see photo).

Be careful cutting the linkage slot - there is a line scribed into the skin on the stab surface but it is not where it needs to be - it was 3mm too far inboard on my stab.

I used 1'' SWB servo arms for clevis - they permit more than enough throw.

Phil

Phil,
Please update as many pictures as you can. My Viper will be here in 2 weeks and I ordered JR8711 for all the surfaces two days ago with my local hobby shop, guess have to revise my servo order. Will 8711 fit rudder, ailerons, and flaps?
Thanks of all your pictures, this will be a great help when I start mine.
Asif