RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are all RC forum's activity in decline?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Are all RC forum's activity in decline?

OPINIONS: Older and experienced people don't generally come to these forums as they don't need help. Those that need help seldom get true help, because those giving it do not have adequate knowledge to provide real help. I see so many stating FACT that have no idea what fact is. Their real "knowledge" is often not knowledge at all, but simply confusion. In addition there are usually a number of different methods to accomplish any aero-modeling task. Far too many think their one-way is the only way.

The problems of getting on RCU are so many and so bad that who in L wants to bother with it? I have a few - very few topics in the whole realm of RCU - things that I read some of the postings. If it is not allowing me tro get on, so be it.

Facebook and such garbage pots are attractive to women and young folks, male, female, or inbetween. My wife wanted me to get on it some years ago. I seldom go there and delete all the emails that come from there. PPSSST! Wifey keeps up with her family and friends there. Young folks think everyone else is as interested in them as they are in themselves.

The sport of aeromodeling is changing. Small electrics and ARFs have degenerated the sport to a fad such as the old-time COX plastic CL models of years ago. Just more garbage that is a simple passing activity.

Take a look at the AMA Forum, not just here at RCU but their own forum. It basically died when AMA hired moderators that only allowed themselves to really say anything of importance. Now it's still there but the hooks are too dull to catch any fish. AMA hiearchy doesn't give a darn.

So there in a nutshell, the Forums will remain, and they will get new inputs from time to time. Overall with so many that have no specific directions, I don't see any real future for these forums.

Sure glad I copied my post because the proverbial "Timed Out" caught it. [:@]