View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1st U.S. RC Flight School

ORIGINAL: helisrock

Hey guys,

I don't know if this question really belongs here but I am going to ask it anyway. I am thinking about doing the 1st U.S. Flight School based in Shawano, WI. I am wondering if anyone has done this flight school, and if they give you a free plane at the end of it or anything like that. The cost is 650.00 for a week of flying. I didn't think that was bad, especially if you get some free stuff. Any thoughts of your experience at this flight school or any other one would be very helpful! Was it helpful/worth the money? etc.

Thanks,

Travis
I think I read an article somewhere about this school and it was very positive....just don't remember though. I do think they teach you two finger on the stick flying style so if you are a thumb flyer that may be a challenge to overcome. You can buy their manuals direct and they are fairly well laid out. I almost bought one just because it had some really good information in it. They are around 25 dollars a manual.

650 is cheap if they give you a full week of solid training (which I don't believe is the case because no way they could be profitable that way). If it is just a week of flying with limited instruction I would have to wonder how much is training time? In the IT world it cost a couple grand for a day or two again depending on the training class. It all depends on what the individual can get out of that type of training.

Here is their summary statement which is well put: "Our study can be summed up in two statements: Proficient pilots don't merely get better at their corrections. Proficient pilots know how to fly so altogether fewer corrections are needed (therefore freeing up more time to think ahead to other things). And, it is not how many hours one flies that determines success, but how he or she spends their time. A.K.A., practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect."