RCU Forums - View Single Post - plug and play onboard glow system
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: plug and play onboard glow system

Here is an update everyone
I just finished programming v 1.0, here is how it works.
When you turn on your receiver, device powers on and waits 5 seconds for tx to bind
After the 5 seconds it saves the throttle setting….so make sure tx is at idle….glow will then turn on (no arming)
then any value below idle it turns off the glow ignitor (for kill switch)…..
This model also includes easy to adjust cutoff (1/16 throttle…..1/2 throttle…ect) all you need is a screwdriver
Here are the “problems” as of now
There is no adjustable heat range for the plug …. Its either connected to the battery or it isn’t
also if you trim the throttle down too much it will turn off the glow (just turn the receiver off and back on and it will read the new…lower…tx value, however you can’t do that inflight)….this could be a problem if you are not aware if it….. However if you want a “kill switch” option which turns off the glow there is no way around it without using more channels…. This would only be a problem during initial setup….after that it wouldn’t be an issue
I also have a version where the glow stays on no matter how low the throttle goes…..use this one if you are confident closing the carb will kill the engine…if you have an air leak it may stay running…..however you don’t have to worry about lowering the throttle trim on this one.
Let me know which version you would want……I can program these however…. Any other ideas let me know.
Also I can make these for multi’s and as many cylinders as you need