RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ignorant people who should know better
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignorant people who should know better

Actually.....

1. At no time did the State Trooper identify himself as "on a call". At no point did the trooper MOVE after I asked him to. I also had about the last 2 parts my antennae collapsed by the trooper when he stepped in front of me. Forcing me to move off to the side.

2. Yes I'm well aware that we have a State Trooper in our club. Many times he stops by while on duty and I'm flying for a few minutes - he never walks up to the flight line.

3. Your *** damn right I was pissed. My plane came less than 3 feet from the ground while inverted (having only soloeda month ago).

4. I'll stand by my guns - have a state trooper - or anyone for that matter stand between you and your pride and joy/plane while it's in the air and FLYING will piss you off.

5. Brooks - the person that took my call never once said he agreed that there was a problem. After I called and identified myself he never once said "yes there's a problem".
He only got upset because I called his fellow policeman "ignorant" while on the phone. I became even more pissed off when the person I was talking to on the phone said basically ther was nothing he could do, no way to look up who was out there or anything else for that matter - basically yeah yeah I'm gonna sit here and get you off the phone.

I'll stand by that argument. If - as an adult - you decide to stand between me and a plane flying that weights 6 pounds, swings a prop at 12,000 rpm - then I'll claim you as IGNORANT all day long.

He may have been ignorant of what was going on with the plane, but he was still an ignorant man for doing it.

As the trooper was leaving I asked for his name (I dind't read his tag as he was walking off) and he just gave me a half wave off and got in his car. I so wish I had gotten his name.

I hope the policeman in question never steps out on our field while I'm flying again and pulls the same stunt for his safety and those around him.