RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?

Hi Ozzy,

I still haven't found a fix yet myself. I am contemplating opening up the covering on the bottom and replacing the entire pushrod systems. THe funny thing is that the rudder setup is nice and loose/smooth. That pushrod binds in the elevator sleeves though.

Top, I'm also going to use a Magnum .52 4S in mine. But if I used a Y-wire to join the two elevators there will still be that drag problem. I'm kind of curious to see how sharp the bends are inside the fuse to cause all of this drag.

This sure is a disappointment. I just got off the line with HH. They say that they have no reports of anything like this for the .46 sized PT-19. He recommends that I cut into the fuse and straighten out the bends in the tubing. In a new airplane????

Also, he noted that the recommended servos were 90 oz/in JR's - a 90 oz/in servo for half an elevator in a .46 sized plane??? Yup, it's on the website under recommended equipment.

I'll cut into the fuse and put in my own pushrods but I don't think that I'll ever get another Seagull plane. And, my esteem for HH just went down a notch as well.

Bob