RCU Forums - View Single Post - A GLH for 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 AM
hllywdb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A GLH for 2012

Do you think I need to make the LE even sharper?

For power, I have a TD .051, backplate pressure, KK needle, Galbreath head/Nelson plug and shortened piston, but I also have 2 AME .061's with bored out RC carbs, polished cranks, Galbreath heads, and backplate pressure. My thinking is that the cranks on the AME's will hold up a lot longer and I can live without taking my piston reset tool to the field with me LOL. Since the bored out RC carbs work more like the old speed controls with High speed, mid speed, and stop, I'm thinking it's always nice to be able to choose when and where to land and mid speed is nice when getting the throws balanced and trimmed out. My eyesight is not what it used to be back when either. Not looking to set any speed records but 100 mph small planes are fun to fly and an AME should be able to do many more flights at 25,000 vs 32,000 rpm. I also seem to get more consistant runs with the AME motors too, the TD's are either a great run or a crappy run until the tank runs out and a rich run on a speed plane is no fun watching it wallow around for 5 minutes trying to keep it from snap rolling into the ground.