RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Jets Photo and RC Plane Bomber
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 AM
ArtW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM Jets Photo and RC Plane Bomber

I have been a radio control modeler for more than 40 years. I am manage 70 people at work. I own a business. When someone speaks to me about a problem for my business, or my profession, or my colleagues, I listen. I consider their opinions. I consider the ramifications of my decisions. Then I act to protect my business, my profession, my patients, whoever is at risk. The first thing one is taught in management training is to never, ever get angry. When one gets angry one loses. For an owner of a business to get angry at someone calling to warn them about a front page newspaper article about their product, is extremely poor judgment. First, they lost a customer. Then they didn't consider the effect of their actions on their business. Then they didn't consider the ramifications of their actions on the hobby.

The world is watching RC aircraft. People are watching our hobby and restricting it. We lost our airfield this month. There is a TFR restricting RC flight throughout the Bay Area. Having a callous disregard for adverse publicity demonstrates extreme poor judgment. If Bob Violet had any sense at all, he would have said, thank you for the call. We consider publicity and will consider the ramifications of our current website. Thank you.

Attacking a customer when they are warning you of a potential publicity disaster for the hobby is extremely poor judgment.