RCU Forums - View Single Post - A-10 Plans?
Thread: A-10 Plans?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 AM
tangerine-jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A-10 Plans?

Well now James, in that case I may just have to deliver the plans in person

I've looked over the plans carefuly and I don't see any copyright stamps. They were published in MAN sometime I think in the early 90's or late 80's, I don't think I still have the issue they came in but it was back in a time when the ,051 was still commonplace on hobby store shelves (ah! for those days!). They were a bonus pull out insert and not sold as a separate plan, so I'm not sure what the law allows in that case. I will, however, email MAN and ask about it. If they say ok, then I will certainly scan and post for all to have.

To the best of my vastly limited knowledge, I am the only one that has built the plane outside of the MAN staff at the time of the publication. I have not seen anything at any flying field or in any publication. I'm sure others have built it, but I've never seen them. It is a nice plane actualy, it's very easy to build, probably I'll call it a skill level 2 or just into a 3 due to the twin engines, and it flies very docile. Simple box fuselage and built up wings, it is a WAY stand off scale, but in the air and on the ground it can be mistaken for no airplane other than an A10. It could be "accurized" well enough to enter the sport scale category, but I think it's fine the way it is. In either case, for a free set of plans and a bit of balsa it makes an excellent flying model.