RCU Forums - View Single Post - LETS SAVE SIG BEFORE THEY GET SWALLOWED BY THE BIG TWO!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LETS SAVE SIG BEFORE THEY GET SWALLOWED BY THE BIG TWO!!!

As found most ARF's cannot take the abuse of a solid built kit model of yester-year. Main reason for this is the use of chinese light ply for starters. It is weak to say the least. Light ply from the US is a much higher grade adn stronger, not to mention the use of 5 ply birch plywood as doublers and such in some klt makes. The ARF's will just crunh and the easiest thing to do is to replace the part. Very similar to the older detroit cars from the 60 - 80's to the newer cars of today. Weights are down with lighter and thinner metal in the car. Better engineering allows them to handle crashes better than our old monsters of the past. Evolution is the word. It is continually happening.

I will say I doubt that anyone out there will ever get an ARF of today to last like a quality Sig, Bridi, Great Planes, Top Flite, or Goldberg kit of yesterday. Those models would go for years! The ARF's of today go for a few years, but now many if flown a lot.