RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next project: Tamiya Tundra Highlift
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
ReaperGN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next project: Tamiya Tundra Highlift

The High Lift can get over many obstacles with ease if your a decent driver. It wont work at extreme angles and does not have the best clearance. But its not so terrible that an axial rig will run circles around it. The best things you can do for a High Lift to help it out is install some 2.2 wheels and tires. Nothing crazy, just something about 4.7 inches tall is fine. Then add a little weight to the wheels to counter balance the heavy body. Then about the only other thing you need is the hardened pinions from RC4WD. The stock ones work well but they do break from time to time. You could also get the locked diffs from RC4WD to make the axles bulletproof.

Electronic wise you DX6 will work well. Especially if you decide to add 4 wheel steer. For the esc I would install something with about 50 amps of power. The shift servo does not need to be anything special but I have found adding a servo saver to it improves the shifting. For the steering servos I suggest you check out the Savox 0251mg. It has tons of power and is more than fast enough. If you start adding lights, 4ws, etc I suggest you get a Castle Creations BEC.

I would not bother with the Junfac 4 link kit. You may as well buy a SCX10 if you want a 4 linked truck. I would also avoid brushless motors and not run any motor with less then 18 turns.

If you need any help with lifting the truck to accept larger tire let me know.