RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronics Compatibility Question
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Electronics Compatibility Question

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html probably is same thing just a boxier design, in stock, and ships from the USA(the HK one is from china like all their new things for a few months).
saying probably cause I know the old HK radios ARE Flyskys, and use the same exact receiver just not sure about the particular one you linked. But based on looks, and features I'd say its the same exact thing.

As for the ESC beats me it depends on what the max current draw is of the motor, as turns are pretty arbitrary from what I seen from various manufacturers. But personally I'd go HW off hobbypartz's site (if they are in stock) as I've read some iffy things on the HK ESC's but not the HW ones. Only things I've seen really on HW were from people running 35A ones in 8lb MT's on 3S, and wondering why it fried.

Charger no way in hell would I recommend or even use that if you gave it to me for free. Actually come to think of it I threw a charger out that came with a RC helicopter that looked JUST like that one. Just get a decent charger that has a display you do not want to go cheap when it comes to your safety. (this is coming from someone that likes to go as cheap as possible)