RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW YORK CITY BASH
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
GaryAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW YORK CITY BASH

Thanks, Voxmagna. The warranty is pretty lame. It says they will replace engine for 1/2 the manufacturers retail price which according to their price list on the warranty for the 8.0 comes to 134.00. they want 9.00 to ship it back and of corse I would have to pay to ship to them. Comes out to almost 160.00 and time and packing, etc. New engine complete from RCplanet.com is 174.00, no tax and free shipping. Just made sense to order the new one and have it here much faster than waiting for the whole process of the warranty and shipping back and forth. Also the warranty does not cover overheating or other "abuse" and so I have a feeling it would be easy to see the piston or cylinder was cooked.

Yeah, the idle screw i opened a bit so it would idle almost as high as it could without engaging clutch. Problem was I did not pay attention closely to engine temperature throughout the tuning process, and your right this engine gets hot fast and without warning. cutting the vent hole in the windshield is a must too as the head sticks out of the back but is surrounded by side and front body preventing good airflow across it.

I had started off with the factory settings and tweaked slightly from there after the 4th and 5th tank. I will probably order a piston and cylinder from rcplanet (64.00) and see if I can rebuild this one and have a spare eventually.

I'll check out the vid, thanks for the link.