RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk DX18 here!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:14 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Let's talk DX18 here!

ORIGINAL: electricpete

Ive spent all my pocket money and bought a DX18, as I am convinced, that it will do all the things I want and can't do with the DX8. Looking at the manual, It seems that everything is done by the flight mode switch, Is that correct. I enjoyed the program for the Radian Pro. In the DX8, but can;t seem to program it on the 18.
The FM switch is the first switch on the list of switches available, so you might see that show up on the menus in the manual more. You can use any switch you want for most things, but in glider mode the FM switch seems to be the dominant switch.

How many flight modes do I need?
It depends on the model. Most airplanes are fine with 1. With a glider you can have up to 10. In glider mode there are some things that are FM dependent.

I probably need Launch and land (glider only no power) How many flight modes and can it be done on a AR.6200
The receiver doesn't matter. Most guys will set up for Launch, Cruise and Land. Others will add Thermal and/or Speed. Many will have an A/B setting so that there is one set for a windy day and another for a calm day, and all they have to do is flip a switch to select which one. BTW, that's common enough that we call the default FM's the A and B sets (check the names).

I would like to be able to be able to add speed and thermal How many flight modes and can it be done on a AR.6200
Yes, it's easy to do that, and the AR6200 will be more than happy to oblige you.

Is it possible to mix flaps with ailerons to increase my roll rate.
Yes, just make a P-mix to do it. The mix should be AIL > LFL with the appropriate rate and switch settings.

If it is possible I would like a hint on switches to use. I know it is an individual thing, but if I have a starting hint I can then change if necessary
On the DX18 usually switch B is the primary switch to select Launch and Land (Launch in pos 0, Land in Pos 2). In Pos 1, they then set up switch D to select Cruise, Thermal and Speed. Also, the throttle stick is set to the Priority Switch and is active in Pos 2 (ie, pulled close to you) to put it into Land mode.

Andy