RCU Forums - View Single Post - MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT
Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT

MIA RC Microlight Trike Ultralight

Weather here in Arizona has ben unseasonably muggy, wet and humid. While waiting for weather to clear so we can take it flying, I made this video.

The landing gear suspension is on purpose that way, because I use this model to train a couple of my team members. The more in scale larger trikes
I have are more for pro flying. I forgot to install the canopy and windshield I showed in an earlier video, so the pilot looks naked! LOL.

Someone suggested I should go to Toys R Us and buy him some toy action figure clothing, lol, problem is that my pilot is larger than a GI-Joe Ken doll and I really
woul prefer to do the clothing myself so it is completely original. No pilot, body or clothing canabalized from other products in the MIA Microlights.

The MIA Robot pilot works great, as shown in my terminator like pilot trike earlier video, a change of pace from the more typical rear mounted servos to keel control .

The sail is a full cut, sewn, topless wing with battens and pitch stabilization built in. Took some thought and special made parts to make it work "with simplicity" at this scale.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwmycab9pA[/youtube]