RCU Forums - View Single Post - DA Engine & DP Edge
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 01:58 AM
baddog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA Engine & DP Edge

Hi, i have been following all of the threads i can find on the DP Edge. I decided to go with the DA 50 gas as many of you have done. Mine came out at 16 Lbs /4 oz. It was flown for the first time today - or should i say crashed? Everything seemed fine at first and i tryed not to use much throttle but on the second pass at a very moderate speed and at level flight, i experienced the worst aileron flutter i've ever seen (looked like the whole wings were flapping). I chopped throttle and regained control assuming there was servo damage. I still had some ail control as i turned to land but lost it about 10' from the ground. Both JR 4721's were stripped (1 on each aileron). Also found that the rudder only moves sbout 1 ".Airplane is fixable but here are the questions.Did the weight of the plane effect the flutter - did the prop wash of that 22x10 add to the problem - What's the best fix? Will 2 aileron servos really stop this? I hate to add anymore weight and am thinking about redoing the whole thing with a different engine. Thanks for any replys!!