RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Ultra Stik Conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 PM
ckreef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ultra Stik Conversion

Since my last conversion was a total bust (Maxford USA - Gee Bee "Y"), I stripped all the parts out of it and did this Mini Ultra Strik EP conversion.

Eflite Mini Ultra Stik EP
Converted using OS .25 LA
9 x 5 wood prop
4 oz tank
9 gram servos
1100-mah 6-volt NIMH battery
Spektrum receiver.
AUW came out at 32oz

Last Sunday night I ordered the plane from Horizon Hobby. It was shipped on Monday. It arrived on Wednesday. I started the conversion and finished it up Last night (Saturday). This was a very easy converision. I took it to the field and even thought is was a bit windy with decently strong gusts I maidened it anyway. I got 3 flights in total.

Take off's were way crazy. They had a good bit of right angle thrust built into the motor mount/frame area. In the future I am going to add a few washers to take out some of that right thrust in hopes of calming down ther takeoffs. Once in the air she flew great. She had plenty of power. Seemed like unlimited vertical or at least vertical until I got uncomfortable with the altitude and then throttled back and let her dive out of the sky doing a few spins on the way down. The control throws even on low rates were more then adequete. Landings were smooth and gentle. Not sure why one would want to split the aileron into quad flaps but to each their own as I will keep it with full ailerons.. The rudder was more then adequate for decent ground handeling even with the tail skid. I really saw no need to convert it into a stearable tail wheel. The main gear wheels are a bit skinny and coupled with the light weight, it really didn't like taxing on the grass. Fater "Tundra" style tires might help that.

The next few posts will be pics of the conversion.

This is a full pic of the Mini Ultra Stik Conversion.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42557.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1795550